Friday, April 6, 2012

Pillowcase Dress

I just love pillowcase dresses. They are so light and dainty. I love that you can layer leggings and long sleeved shirts under them in the winter and have a cute little summer tunic. They are really easy to make and you can find a tutorial for them on almost every craft site on the web. I made these for my sweet little cousins to wear on the beach.


There is a whole different reason to love these dresses. Little Dresses for Africa is an organization that pulls on my heart strings. These little girls in Africa have nothing, much less something pretty to wear. This organization sends dresses made here in the USA with missionaries to give out to these precious children.  I am working on a challenge later this year to encourage those who are sewing savvy to join me in sending dresses to these girls so that they may feel pretty and loved. More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment